Monday, May 21, 2007

Sitting here all broken hearted


Hey guys! My new blog, say Heyyyy! Anyway, so I'm sitting here tonight after watching my favorite TV show "Heroes". What was up with Syler getting away? The last shot in the show before they went off to next seasons stuff was a blood trail into the sewer. So what, now we are going to have the teenage mutant ninja turtles? I love that show, but like "Lost" my other favorite show, it makes me crazy. You ask if I want drama in my life? No way, I'll stick with TV drama. At least it isn't a soap, right?

Well we are getting ready for the big 18th birthday, Seminary Graduation and HS Graduation. The next 3 weeks are going to be crazy. Cami has most of next week off because she exempted out of her exams. That means she had grades high enough that she doesn't have to take the end of class exam. Yea Cami! She will also be inducted into the National Arts Honors Society on Wednesday night. Pretty cool huh? She has her pottery on display at Northeast Medical Center, The trophy cases at school, and she will be sending some items to be judged for some free money prizes and cool stuff. Cami is pretty amazing. She doesn't think that, this is just her Mamma bragging. I see where I have been neglectful as a parent though. I have been so busy with the issues at hand (HS, boyfriend, seminary, curfews, Mormon standard time) that I haven't really prepared her for her future. So, Cami will be attending a community college for a bit, just to get her feet wet and then she wants to transfer to a university. I think this is a great idea, I get to keep her home with me for a little while longer. I am glad she isn't wanting to get out as soon as she can. We would be sad.

Savannah is really looking forward to a summer of playing and swimming. She can't wait for second grade, but she really needs a break. She does so well in school and behaves like an angel, she needs to just let loose! We have plenty of friends who have joined the same pool as us so that we will always have friends when we go. This is good for Savannah because she very often gets only child syndrome, and is upset when she has no one to play with. That of course makes me crazy. I have told my kids for years that I am not the entertainment committee. This of course makes them crazy and you can see where this is going, yes. Nowhere.

We don't have any big vacation plans, hopefully we can get to the beach at least once this summer, even if for a weekend.

Thanks for reading the blog, I'll check back often and give updates! As Bob says don't forget to spay or neuter your pets!

3 comments:

Jordan said...

hahah! you're fun to read :) yeah I can't believe Cami is old enough for all that stuff--time flies I guess! And I can totally relate to Savannah; I felt that way most of my childhood! By the time I was her age Sara didn't want anything to do with me and you and the other older sibs were out of the house. it's funny how life repeats itself! anyway, keep blogging. love you!!

Tina Marshall said...

Hey!
My first time blogging :-) Hope I am doing it right! I hear ya. Time just flies too fast. I remember when Jordan was born. We were on a temple trip in DC when the news came over.
Watching Dancing with the stars and American Idol tonight. Been laid up at home for the last 3 weeks due to foot surgery so I have gotten caught up with all the reality shows. Yike!!
My fave though is Top Model which ended last week. Oh No!!!
Anyway, I have been rooting for Laila Ali to win the dancing but it looks like Appolo Ono may do it. Oh, to be limber like them:-)
Have a great evening!

Anonymous said...

hey! you need to put a spoiler warning when you talk about tv shows others may have not seen yet :)